Welcome!

Welcome to Margica's Notebook!!!

My aim for this blog is to share with the world my inspirations, stories, and thoughts behind my jewelry shop on Etsy, Margica.

Two Hands + One Creative Mind= Margica


Sunday, August 14, 2011

Beat the Rain and Cook!

    Rainy day in New York, humid, warm. It began this early morning with a powerful close thunder that shook the windows. My daughter woke up and discovered Muffy sleeping nose to nose with me cuddled under my arm. I am a very heavy sleeper. I heard nothing. One can chop logs near my bed and I would have no idea... That shows how deep I sleep. Anyway, totally out of the ordinary was Miss Minnie our cat who was hiding under Muffy's tail (that was the thunder effect)...In other words our little family shared a very cuddly Sunday morning as my daughter joined us too. When I woke up I enjoyed my cup of coffee at my window and planned the day ahead. I always joke and say, "I'm on the porch if someone looks for me". Those of you who live in a house with a real porch and garden are truly blessed. Ah well, no complaints here...Life is beautiful from my open window too, and we can put our flip-flops and run down in the street to dance in the rain...It's true your neighbors might give you a look, are you a nutcase?
   Ok. Enough with the nonsense. I'm going to tell you now how to enjoy a rainy Sunday in the city if you decide to be home bound. Cook something really good for your loved ones, and count your blessings...
Today I taught my daughter how to make Zucchini Summer Patties.
         You take two or three zucchinis, peel and shred them. Sprinkle a little salt and rub the flesh well to take the water out. You should end up with a cup or two of shredded zucchini. For one cup of zucchini you use a beaten egg and three spoons of flour, salt and pepper. Mix well, add some chopped dill and fry the patties. We use a non-stick pan, and just a bit of vegetable oil. Fry three minutes on each side and let them rest on a paper towel to absorb excess oil. 
    Now for the sauce use Greek yogurt, crush a clove or two of garlic, and squeeze half a lemon. Chop fresh mint and add it to the yogurt. Serve the patties hot with a dollop of yogurt on top. And don't forget to eat them our style: on the sofa watching a good comedy! 
   Of course, after that you can indulge with a cup of fresh berries, squeeze a bit of lemon, and sprinkle some sugar. Top it off with fresh whipped cream. Yum! Let it rain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment