Welcome!

Welcome to Margica's Notebook!!!

My aim for this blog is to share with the world my inspirations, stories, and thoughts behind my jewelry shop on Etsy, Margica.

Two Hands + One Creative Mind= Margica


Thursday, May 26, 2011

My gift from Rio

  A very dear friend of mine had recently went to Rio de Janeiro to spend a magical vacation for a couple of weeks. She absolutely loves to visit exotic locations all over the world, and Brazil had always been at the top of her list. While she filled her days with adventure, such as  having fun in the sun at the Copacabana, dancing the samba and the Bossa Nova at the clubs, and touring the Sugarloaf and Corcovado mountains, in browsing through one of the local markets she found these exquisite Murano glass beads and gave them to me as a present. In one set are these round-like (yet slightly shaped as a hexagon) beads that are of a rich bright red with subtle horizontal stripes. The other set of murano glass beads are periwinkle blue, striped, and are twisted. Of course I accepted my present wholeheartedly. It was such a  very kind and thoughtful gesture on her part.
    To think of it, these Murano glass beads have had their own adventurous journey around the world themselves! From Murano, Italy they landed in the fabulous Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro, and finally, here in New York City!!
  I used some of these exquisite Murano glass beads for a unique pair of earrings that only one woman in the world shall have. They are wired in silver, and for a "dangle" I  also added these opaque moonstone beads as a finish.
FREE SHIPPING Rio

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50757983/free-shipping-rio
Feel free to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment