Welcome!

Welcome to Margica's Notebook!!!

My aim for this blog is to share with the world my inspirations, stories, and thoughts behind my jewelry shop on Etsy, Margica.

Two Hands + One Creative Mind= Margica


Monday, March 21, 2011

Bali Dance Earrings

  A dear friend of mine wanted a pair of earrings with a touch of color to change her present look. For years she wore large gold hoops, which are in fact very pretty but wearing them all the time made her quite bored. The problem was, she couldn't quite make up her mind on what color she should order he earrings in. It took me quite a while to figure out what I should make for her. When finally I found these perfect "four seasons" beads, that can compliment any outfit, at any time of the day, rain or shine!
       Not only are they cute, they dangle and are sure to catch attention! I used special beads called dichroic glass. Inside they have silver foil, with blue, green, yellow, brown, and red blended in. These beads play with the light, illuminating the colors, making them pop!
  On the bottom of the earrings dangles a  tiny moonstone.  A very feminine stone, it has an irredescent milky color. You can see the colors of the rainbow (similar to that of an opal). It is a "stone of new beginnings"*, and it is said that moonstone enhances one's intuition.
I can't say how much she loved these earrings!

* The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment