Welcome!

Welcome to Margica's Notebook!!!

My aim for this blog is to share with the world my inspirations, stories, and thoughts behind my jewelry shop on Etsy, Margica.

Two Hands + One Creative Mind= Margica


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Cin Cin--To A New Year....

  Happy New Year Everyone!
Although we are now in January, it certainly doesn't feel like it here in New York. Usually at this time of year, we go out of the city and go skiing with our friends and spend New Year's Eve together. This year---no snow. So, my daughter and I decided to spend it together at home with our dog Muffy, and cat Minnie. We had a lovely New Year's Eve! For dinner we had roasted orange duck, and lemon rice spinach. May I say--- it was delicious! As the ball dropped in Times Square on TV, I popped a bottle of a girly pink bubbly (Barefoot Bubbles Pink Moscato) and my daughter and I celebrated and welcomed the new year 2012!
  The Christmas tree filled the air with an enchanting smell of pine, the candle flickering, the crowds outside cheering, and our bubbly flowing in our fine crystal flutes....oh, this will be a wonderful new year!

  In the following morning after having fluffy blueberry/blackberry pancakes, we decided to take a drive out to Long Island and visit one of our favorite places---The Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay. Many of my jewelry inspirations came from this place. At this time of year the camellias are beginning to bloom. They have a special greenhouse dedicated to many species of camellias (the largest collection in North America),. The original collection was purchased by Mr. Coe in 1916 from the Isle of Guernsey, many of the original plants are still blooming today.

           Here are the first camellias to bloom this season. More to come in the next few weeks.

I like to call these "snow balls".

                                                               Pink ruffles. Aren't they lovely?


This is the Main Greenhouse filled with seasonal poinsettias.

Pink Poinsettias

No comments:

Post a Comment